| ||Welcome to the Expression of Interest for the English 10 Scoring Session. This Expression of Interest will be open until June 8th, 2023.|
- Table Leader training: Saturday, July 29th and Sunday, July 30th, 2023
- Scoring Session dates: Monday, July 31st, Tuesday, August 1st, Wednesday, August 2nd, and Thursday, August 3rd, 2023
- This session will be held at St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish
- Morning snack and lunch will be provided
- Scorers will receive a stipend of $195/day
- Table Leaders will receive a stipend of $220/day
Eligible expenses (aside from hotel rooms which will be directly billed to the department) are to be paid up front by participants and will be reimbursed by the department after expense forms are processed. Expense reimbursements are typically processed within 6-8 weeks. Participants are eligible for accommodations if they live farther than 60 km (direct route) from the session.
All teachers who express interest will receive an email by end of day Thursday, June 15th, 2023 (an invitation email or a waitlist notification; those on the waitlist may be contacted if space becomes available). Please ensure that the email and contact number you fill out is one that you check regularly.
Scorers and table leaders will be selected based on consideration of the following:
- regional representation
- diverse backgrounds and historically marginalized communities such as African Nova Scotian, Mi'kmaq, Persons with Disabilities, LGBTQ2+, and Newcomer communities (teachers may self-identify in the EOI)
- diversity of experience participating in previous provincial scoring sessions
- priority will be given to teachers whose current assignment is at or adjacent to the grade level of the assessment.
Information provided in this form will be kept confidential and will not be used for any other purpose. Having problems completing the form? Please call Student Assessment and Evaluation at 902-424-7746.