| ||Welcome to the Expression of Interest for the Online Scoring Session for Writing in Grade 6. This Expression of Interest will be open until October 22nd, 2021.|
Before filling out the form, please ensure you have your principal's permission to attend.
- Table Leader training: Friday, December 3rd, 2021
- Scoring Session dates: Saturday, December 4th, Sunday, December 5th, Monday, December 6th, 2021
- Scorers will receive a stipend of $195/day for weekend work.
- Table Leaders will receive a stipend of $220/day for weekend work.
- Substitutes will be covered
- We will be scoring in a new format, online though GNSPES.
- Training materials will be mailed to teachers in advance of the session.
- There will be some brief preparation in advance of the scoring session.
- The session will take place virtually; accommodations and expenses will not be covered.
- Stable high-speed/private internet connection is required to support online meetings.
- Desktop or laptop is required, no phones, tablets or iPads.
- A private working space is required as participants will be working with confidential materials.
All teachers who express interest will receive an email by end of day Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 (an invitation email or a wait-list notification; those on the wait-list may be contacted if space becomes available). Please ensure that the email and contact number you fill out is one that you check regularly.
Scorers and table leaders will be selected based on consideration of the following:
-- regional representation
-- diversity of experience participating in previous provincial scoring sessions
-- priority will be given to teachers whose current assignment is at or adjacent to the grade level of the assessment.
Please note: We invite participants from diverse backgrounds and historically marginalized communities such as African Nova Scotian, Mi'kmaq, Persons with Disabilities, LGBTQ2+, and Newcomer communities, that feel comfortable in doing so, to self-identify in the “Additional Comments” section. This will allow us to ensure that we have a more equitable perspective to our assessment processes.
Information provided in this form will be kept confidential and will not be used for any other purpose. Having problems completing the form? Please call Student Assessment and Evaluation at 902-424-7746.